Friday, February 2, 2007

Poem: Minstrel Man
Author: Langston Hughes

Speaker: An ambiguous person
Occasion: Ones confections to the façade they have let other to believe.
Audience: The people/person which never carried to see how the person really felt.
Purpose: To uncover ones façade.
Subject: The out cry of a person who has keep their emotions in for a very long time
Tone: angry, enthusiastic, fed up, desperate.

Personal Response:
The poem Minstrel Man by Langston Hughes does not seem contain any sort of rhyme, yet the poem does flow nicely. Yet this poem does has two sources of repetition, specifically when he says "Because my mouth/ is wide with laughter" and "You do not know." This repetition makes the poets voice much stronger, repeatedly insinuates that because the people wish, only to see her out side they do not care about what is going on in the inside. This concept has happened to me more times then I would like, especially when I work. At work I am paid to be cheerful and happy but many times I am existed and feel like being alone, inside I am striving to get out of there. When I get out of work I am back to my old self, shy and eager for peace and quite.

No comments: